Model: 400L-8-150 BRIDGE-MOUNTED AND CEILING-MOUNTED ARTICULATING JIB CRANE – 400 SERIES AJ LD 8′ SPAN CEILING 150lb Capacity
About the 400 SERIES – BRIDGE-MOUNTED AND CEILING-MOUNTED ARTICULATING JIB CRANES
Crane Rotation: 360° both arms
Spans: up to 16’
Capacities: from 150 to 2,000 lbs.
Spanco Articulating Jib Cranes can lift loads around corners and columns, reach into or under machinery and containers, and service virtually any point between the pivot anchor and the far reach of the boom.
OPTIONS & COMPONENTS
- Electrification (to any device supported on the end of the boom)
- Internal piping (for compressed air within the articulating boom)
- Support for vacuum lifters
- Rotation stops
400 Series Bridge-Mounted and Ceiling-Mounted Articulating Jib Cranes
- Offer more headroom and more clearance—both below and above the boom
- Outstanding headroom permits installation in tight locations, such as low ceilings or crowded shops
Spanco Articulating Jib Cranes support nearly any type of manipulator, balancer, or hoist. 400-Series Jib Cranes can mount directly to your facility ceiling or to a specially designed bridge system for flexible coverage over a large area.
General Design Standards:
Spanco cranes are designed in conformance with the following applicable standards:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and MMA MH27.2
- Gantry Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.2/D1.6, and CMAA 74
- Jib Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and CMAA 74
All Spanco cranes have a design factor of 15% of the allowable capacity for the weight of the hoist and 25% for impact.
All welding performed during the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the following American Welding Society’s (AWS) standards: D1.2 for aluminum and D1.1 for steel.
Spanco is officially certified as an AWS Certified Welding Fabricator (CWF). This certification means that not only are all welders AWS Certified, but all processes and procedures adhere to AWS CWF requirements. Examples of requirements include annual calibration of all welding machines and Level 2 visual inspections on all load-bearing components.
All aluminum used in the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meet ASTM International specification ASTM B308 for 6061-T6 aluminum.
All steel used in the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the following applicable ASTM International specifications:
Structural Steel Shapes: ASTM A-36
Structural Steel Pipes: ASTM A-53 Grade B
Structural Square and Rectangular Steel Tubing: ASTM A-500 Grade B
Steel plate and round bar used in Spanco cranes have minimum yield strengths of 36 KSI
Surface Preparation & Painting Procedures:
Spanco adheres to the standards of the Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) for all product surface preparation. Prior to painting, all Spanco crane components are deburred and descaled using power tools equipped with sanding discs and wire wheels. Components are then washed utilizing a high-pressure/high-temperature biodegradable degreaser solution. Parts are wiped clean and allowed to dry before the painting process. During painting, all components surfaces are coated with a quick drying, semi-gloss enamel, applied to a minimum dry-film thickness of 2 to 3 mils. A finishing coat is applied with a hot, airless, electrostatic spray paint system. Painted components are cured at air temperature.
The following guidelines for deflection and stress are followed by Spanco engineers during the crane design process:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: All models are designed to approximately L/450
- Jib Cranes: Freestanding (100, 101, and 102 Series), Mast Style (200 and 201 Series), Wall-Mounted Cantilever (300 Series), Articulating (400, 401, and 402 Series), and Foundationless models (600 and 605 Series) are designed to approximately L/150; Wall-Mounted Bracket (301 Series) models are designed to approximately L/600 at midspan
- Workstation Jib Cranes: Wall-Mounted (WC Series) models are designed to approximately L/225; Freestanding (FR Series) models are designed to approximately L/150
- Gantry Cranes: All steel series models are designed to approximately L/600; Aluminum models are designed to approximately L/450
Spanco is an ISO 9001:2015 Registered corporation. This means that Spanco cranes are manufactured to standards ensuring safety, reliability, and the highest quality. Spanco’s ISO designation also allows for continuous improvement based on customer feedback.